Mesquite Root Canal experts, Painless, Gentle & Friendly Dentist. Root Canal Mesquite from $599, No more pain, call now at (469) 729-9797. FREE Consultation & Flexible payment.
Mesquite Root Canal Treatment
You must have heard the term RCT or root canal treatment. But do you know what root canals treatment means, why is it performed and how useful is it? People often like to talk of having a root canal treatment, but they do not really know much about this procedure other than the fact that a dentist does it, it gives pain and infection relief, and the dentist charges for it. In the next few paragraphs you can read information about root canal treatment which should be useful to a common person.
What is the root canal?
Each one of your beautiful teeth has a canal-like hollow structure which runs down along length of the root. This is the root canal. The root canals is filled with the highly sensitive soft tissue of the tooth known as the dental pulp, which provides innervation and blood supply to the tooth. Dental pulp sometimes gets inflamed or infected due to its exposure to the oral environment. Due to this inflammation, pressure builds up inside the tooth which results in severe pain and discomfort.
Mesquite root canal treatment
A root canal treatment is a procedure in which dentists remove infected or inflamed pulp tissue, clean the root canal and then fill it with an inert tissue. Root canal treatment takes advantage of the fact that a fully developed tooth can survive and function without the pulp.
The root canal Mesquite procedure
The following steps are normally involved.
- X-ray examination– Molars, the rear teeth used for crushing, may have more than one root. So in such cases, an X-ray image will help in visualizing the extent of the infection as well as the shape and anatomy of the root canals.
- Anesthesia-Dr. Izaddoust will administer patients with local anesthesia to avoid pain during the surgical procedure. If root canal treatment of multiple teeth is to performed in a single sitting, dentists may consider performing the procedure under general anesthesia or conscious sedation.
- Preparation of Access Cavity – When the anesthesia action has set in, the root canal chamber is opened by drilling through the enamel at a suitable point, normally, the crown. Once the canal is opened, the patient should feel an immediate relief in the pain due to the release of pressure inside the root canal.
- Evacuation and filling-The canal is completely evacuated of the infected pulp, cleaned, flushed, and dried. It is then filled with an inert rubber-like material called gutta percha. The hole in the enamel is then filled with a temporary filling until complete healing has taken place.
- Permanent filling– This filling is a temporary filling. If the pain does not return, the temporary filling is replaced with a permanent filling in the next appointment. That completes the root canal treatment.
- Placement of Crowns – teeth tend to become brittle and weak after a root canal procedure. Therefore, they should be reinforced by placing a suitable crown over them.
Post Root Canal Treatment Mesquite Care
- Post-treatment Discomfort – Don’t worry if you feel slight pain or discomfort in the operated tooth. This pain will go away within a day or two. Your dentist may prescribe you with a pain-killer to reduce the pain and inflammation.
- Soft Diet – to ensure uninterrupted healing of the tooth, it is better to take soft diet for a two or two after the procedure.